Friday, June 29, 2012

Asparagus Quiche

Mum gave me three tins of asparagus, they'd been sitting in her pantry for a while. I'm impressed they are Australian made and owned, Cowra Gold brand from Windsor Farm Foods in Cowra, New South Wales.

This has given me reason to make Asparagus Quiche. I haven't made proper quiche for a while, I have an easy quiche recipe which has no pastry, and its quick and easy to make, which is probably why. This is the basic recipe, I have added other things like spinach, corn or different types of cheese.




Easy Quiche

3 eggs, 1 1/4 cups milk, 1 onion chopped,
 1/2 cup SR flour, 3 rashers bacon, 1 cup cheese.
Mix all together. Bake 40 mins in hot oven.


I have no idea where I found the following recipe, its in my own handwritten cook book, so I've come across it somewhere and thought it was good enough to keep. I have made it a few times before, but its not one I make regularly. When I make quiche, I usually just use frozen puff pastry. This recipe comes with a pastry recipe and it's well worth making the effort. 


Asparagus Quiche

1 cup flour
90 gr butter
1 egg yolk
1 tbs lemon juice

Rub butter into flour, add yolk and juice.
Add a little cold water if its not coming together.
 Knead lightly and refridgerate.

485 gr asparagus
2 eggs and 2 yolks
300ml cream
4 bacon rashers
125 gr cheese, cubed

Place cheese and bacon on bottom, then asparagus.
Mix eggs and cream and pour over.
Bake for 10 mins in moderate oven.
Reduce heat and bake for 30 mins.





It smells divine as I pulled it out the oven, and tastes amazing.......of course Brett ruined his with tomato sauce.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...