Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sultana Loaf

I have no idea where this recipe come from, but I have it written down in my own recipe book, a school exercise book.

Most of the recipes are handwritten, and lately, printed and stuck in with whatever is closest at that time, sticky tape or glue! 

It's pages are very discoloured with butter, flour, egg, you name it!! It is written there as currant loaf, obviously I didn't have them and changed it to sultanas. I haven't experimented with other teas or fruit...yet!

I'm not a coffee drinker and wouldn't really make it with coffee in it, but it may work. It is important to let the mix cool, because I haven't before and its turned out a completely different cake, not a better one! It could do with some more flavour such as orange zest or mixed spice.

It's a great cake, without eggs or butter, especially when I find myself short of these things. 

I always line the bottom of my cake tins, in this instance, I had used the last of the sugar, and cut the paper bag to line the tin. Recycling at its best!




Sultana Loaf

1 cup sultanas
1 cup sugar
1 cup hot tea

Mix together to dissolve Sugar. Let cool.

Place 2 cups of SR flour in a bowl.
Gradually stir in tea mixture to make a smooth batter.
Bake in loaf tin at 180 deg for 45 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...