Monday, February 9, 2015

Grilled peaches with rosemary


I have so many peaches right now. The tree is loaded and they all seem to ripen at once.

I made these grilled peaches. They are OH SO good!  

The recipe is adapted from a Jamie Oliver recipe from a magazine from a few years ago. Our local library has magazines of all sorts to borrow, so I have been taking advantage of that, I can't get enough of looking through food mags. This way I can do it for free!

The original recipe used a vanilla bean and a dash of brandy. You could use them if you have them. He suggested you serve them with crumbled biscotti and creme fraiche, which would be awesome. I think some toasted almond slivers would be nice too :)

Grilled peaches with rosemary
6 peaches, halved and stones removed
1 orange, zested and juiced
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup caster sugar
2 rosemary sprigs

Arrange the peaches in a baking dish, cut side up.

Mix the vanilla essence with the juice of an orange and pour over the peaches.

Scatter the zest and the sugar over. Lay the rosemary over the top.

Place the dish under a hot grill for 5-6 minutes or until fruit is golden and the juices are bubbling.









21 comments:

  1. What an unusual flavour that must be? Interesting....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a striking combination. I would never have thought to add rosemary to anything other than a main.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original recipe had bay leaves. the rosemary was OK.

      Delete
  3. Oh those peaches look so delicious! How lucky are you to have a tree full of them! Yum! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look AMAZING! Oh so delicious... I love peaches. I wonder if cointreau might be a better accompaniment than brandy? I do miss having fruit trees♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish I had some brandy! It was so delicious anyway with the whipped cream :)

      Delete
  5. We have so much rosemary at the moment, I might need to purchase some peaches and try this recipe. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of the rosemary with something sweet. Never tried that. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMMY! I love peaches. I think adding the brandy would finish it off nicely. I do like that you served them with a dollop of ice cream.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is actually a dollop of whipped cream. Ice cream would work a treat too :)

      Delete
  8. I am totally loving your recipes - so easy and look de-lish!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look amazing!!! I reckon my girls would absolutely love these (and so would I!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummo Alicia, you know I've probably done enough baking for a year last week! I bet hubby would appreciate if I actually MADE dessert isn't of handing around a packet of biscuits! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they are tim tams! You do realise when the freezer stash runs out, they'll be expecting more of the same ;D

      Delete
  11. I don't think I would ever have thought to put peaches with rosemary, but it obviously works.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, delicious recipe! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes I wish I was one of those awesome people (aka you!) who loved to cook....growing up in a house with meat and 3 veg 7 nights a week, cooking is not really in my genes! (and when cooking for one, well that's just boring! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Peaches ... oh I am a little envious. These look delicious but the fact that they are home grown makes them sound even more delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, yum! I've never tried grilled peaches but this looks like a recipe I would dare! So lucky you have them in abundance! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am bombarded with peaches from that one tree every year. Sometimes I feel like I am swimming in peaches. These were absolutely delish done like this, especially the sticky sauce at the bottom of the pan!

      Delete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...