Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Me time

Its 6:43 am, I've showered, swept the floor, having a cuppa tea and done the whip around Facebook, Twitter and now I'm here. I've been up since 3 am, summer woke up and it took me an hour to get her back to sleep. I was holding and shooshing her on the rocking chair when Brett left for work at 4:15. I hadn't showered since Sunday and had decided to stay up and get some things done, for my own sanity.

Me time, which I usually get at night, has eluded me for the past couple of nights. I've layed down with Isabel to get her to sleep and fallen asleep myself, only to wake up at 1 or 2 in the morning, still in the clothes I'd been wearing that day. This morning I trudged off to my bed, taken my bras off, jeans and got my jammie bottoms on and got into the cold side of my bed, only to be welcomed to the stench of a farting party that my husband had been throwing.

I enjoy my me time, I sometimes feel like I don't get enough. The only time I get away from the house on my own is when I nick down the shops when Brett is home. This maybe happens twice a week, usually on the weekend. I really do need to insist on some timeout for my self, but when?!!! This is something I am going to have to sort out. Like a haircut for starters!!

Later today I am going to regret staying up, but now, as my 2 yr old pitter patters down the hallway, I'm so glad I'm showered. I'm so glad I've swept. I'm so glad I got a cup of tea in peace and I'm so glad I got to sit in front of the computer without her climbing all over me or shouting "MUUUUM" at the top of her lungs. Now to get on with the other 500 things I have to do in my day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...