Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Umpherston Caves - Mount Gambier

Mount Gambier is well known for its sinkholes, especially the cave gardens, right smack bang in the middle of town. 

Umpherston Caves is another beautifully gardened sinkhole within the city limits.

The girls and I went for a drive with my Mum and Dad a week ago, a spontaneous idea of Mum's, and a good idea it was. We went op shopping, had Maccas at the playground, took the girls to the aquatic centre and visited here. I have never been! It's beautiful. It was the perfect itme to come with the hydrangeas out in full bloom.

Apparently the possums come out at night time here too. We'll have to come back again.

Summer was hot and bothered from running around with her sister, and I had to capture her grumpiness.























9 comments:

  1. I didn't know this existed, its amazing! Great photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like one of those other worldly places! So cool. I wish I'd seen it when I lived there as kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you had lived there! I am a bit puzzled as to why I haven't see it yet either.

      Delete
  3. WOW how beautiful are your pictures. I have never heard of the sink hole caves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is quite a few around Mount Gambier, including the underwater aquifers which are popular with divers.

      Delete
  4. Wow! It's so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    And lol, Summer being grumpy is pretty much me every day at the moment in this heat. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, it looks amazing!!! Definitely the kind of garden my girls would love to visit! And I love that grumpy face!
    #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...